Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PCOS and dry scalp

Ever since I can remember I have had a reoccurring issue of dry scalp.
I can recall fearing the rain; it would cause my scalp dryness to intensify.
Recently I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. 
One of the prominent symptoms happens to be dry scalp. 

I have tried endless products to help control my scalp. Many items have failed. But one method has made it to the finish line.

Baking soda. Because of the small granules it works as an exfoliant on the scalp.
I have not tested it on chemically enhanced hair. So try at your own risk.

What I like to do is section my hair and sprinkle some baking soda on the scalp.
I let it sit for a moment and then jump in the shower. 
I gently massage the scalp with water and then shampoo and condition as normal.


Depending on the severity of the dryness one shampoo will help drastically.
And remember to never go to bed with wet hair!


Also if you haven't been tested for PCOS and have irregular periods, abnormal dark hair growth on your face, or have trouble losing weight.
I suggest you do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment