Friday, March 11, 2016

I have found the one.

On March first I decided I wanted to start trying on wedding gowns.
My first stop was BHLDN Atlanta. this was almost heavenly for me.
We checked in as soon as we walked in the door, we were offered water/champagne (@10am )
(I like how you work anthropology)
The staff was so welcoming. 1030 came along and we were greeted by Shelby. She told us to look around at styles since the gowns obviously look different online. I picked out 4-5. 

If you Dont know how to BHLDN works here's a quick break down. They carry their dresses in the store in two sizes, a 4 and a 12. Which for someone like me who hasn't worked out in over a year is a little overwhelming. And then they clip you into a dress

Shelby made me feel so comfortable! As did the other staff. 
She measured me and guided me towards what sizes would work for me. 
Secret: if you call a store and order from them they weave shipping fees.
She sent me on my way,  with no pressure and a smile on her face. As if she new I would come back to her.

Since these dresses were by first impressions we didn't want to make a brash decision.
We made our way back upstate and stopped at a David's Bridal. This was by far a nightmare. I am not picky at all when it comes to places that are going to save me money but wow. I was shocked. I went in scheduled an appointment, looked around and met a consultant. This consultant picked out some favorites that I picked online, which didn't work for me in real life. And as I'm trying dresses on she goes MIA. I Had no one TO zip me or unzip me or fix anything.  The store was too hot. I left flustered and with hot flashes. 


Later that evening we went to Bravura
They had so many beautiful overpriced gowns.
Some did absolutely nothing for my already straight figure. Some were too itchy, others were too beaded. Some were way too beautiful but not for the style I'm going for. 


Overall I did my research on my own on what would look good on my frame. I have broad shoulders and a wide rib cage. My hips are narrow and at the moment my waist could be better. 

Google what would favor your body. Some of these places are just trying to make money off of you and will sell you anything. Luckily I did my research and found something I haven't been able to get out of my head. 


BHLDN YOU SNEAKY FOX YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment